Graduation and Commencement
Applying for Graduation or Filing for Degree Candidacy
Important: For undergraduate students, graduation from the University of Arizona requires a degree audit (also known as a degree check) in order to award a diploma, and there is a $50 candidacy fee involved. Students are strongly urged to begin this process and file for degree candidacy before registering for the last semester of course work, but not more than 1 year before the planned graduation date. See http://www.registrar.arizona.edu/graduation for more information.
Late fees of $50 will also apply to students who file after the deadline.
- December/Winter session candidates must file for candidacy by September 1st of the graduating term to avoid the late fee.
- May/Summer session candidates must file for degree candidacy by February 1st of the graduating term to avoid the late fee.
For more information regarding the degree audit process, see Degree Certification Procedures for Undergraduate Students in the College of Science
College of Science Commencement: Fall 2013
Friday, December 20th, 2013
Doors will open at 9:00 am for seating
Keynote Speaker: TBA
The program will include individual recognition of each Undergraduate and Graduate degree recipient in attendance. Tickets are required for TiTTicke Ticketsfamily members and other guests to attend the event. Instructions on when and where to pick-up tickets will be included in student's invitation to RSVP to the ceremony. Invitations will be sent out in late October, 2013. Seating is on a first come-first serve basis. The event is free of charge. (Not active until November 13th) To have your name printed in the College of Science Commencement program, you must RSVP by Friday, November 29th, 2013.
We look forward to seeing you and meeting your family and guests at a cookie and punch reception immediately following the ceremony, outside in the Women's Plaza of Honor.
Instructions to RSVP online (not active until Nov. 13):
- Click on the first link below to start the RSVP process. You will be directed to a survey from Career Services and a second survey from the College of Science. Both surveys should take 10-15 minutes to complete.
- You will then be taken to the RSVP page. You will be asked to submit a personal message along with your degree, as part of a power point slide presentation given during the ceremony. Please have your 125 (200 for Graduate students) character slide message ready before you begin the RSVP process! To
For all other questions, please click on the Frequently Asked Questions link below!
- Click here to RSVP for the CoS Commencement. (Not active until November 13th) This online registration service will close on December 11th, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
- See the list of COS Graduates and RSVP status ( Undergraduates | Graduate Students )
- Frequently Asked Questions
Students who intend on participating in Graduation should check to ensure that their name appears on the list of COS Graduates.
To learn about the University-wide Commencement ceremonies and other Colleges, visit the UA Commencement website: http://commencement.arizona.edu
- Life Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Physics and Space Sciences
- Mathematics and Computational Sciences
- Neural, Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences
- Support UA Science
- Community Connections