Graduation and Commencement
Applying for Graduation or Filing for Degree Candidacy
Important: For undergraduate students, graduation from the University of Arizona requires a degree audit (also known as a degree check) in order to award a diploma, and there is a $50 candidacy fee involved. Students are strongly urged to begin this process and file for degree candidacy before registering for the last semester of course work, but not more than 1 year before the planned graduation date. See http://www.registrar.arizona.edu/graduation for more information.
- Students graduating in December (fall) or January (winter) must file for degree candidacy by September 1st.
- Students graduating in May (spring) for August (summer) must file for degree candidacy by February 1st.
To file for degree candidacy, students in the College of Science must begin the process with their major advisor. Students in MATH, PHYS, and ASTR should come to Gould-Simpson room 1017 to file for candidacy.
Late fees of $50 will also apply to students who file after the deadline.
UA Science Commencement: Spring 2014
Thursday, May 15, 2014
**Tucson Convention Center (TCC)**- changed from McKale Center location
Time: 2:00 pm
Doors will open an hour prior to the start of the ceremony
Keynote Speaker : TBA
The program will include individual recognition of each Undergraduate and Graduate degree recipient in attendance. No tickets are required for family and other guests to attend the event, seating is on a first come-first serve basis. The event is free of charge.
We look forward to seeing you and meeting your family and guests at a cookie and punch reception immediately following the ceremony, outside under a tent on the north lawn.
Instructions to RSVP online:
1. Click on the first link below to start the RSVP process. You will be directed to a survey from Career Services and a second survey from the College of Science. Both surveys should take 10-15 minutes to complete.
2. You will then be taken to the RSVP page. You will be asked to submit a personal message along with your degree, as part of a power point slide presentation given during the ceremony. PLEASE HAVE YOUR 125 (200 for Graduate students) CHARACTER SLIDE MESSAGE READY BEFORE YOU BEGIN the RSVP process!
For all other questions, please click on the Frequently Asked Questions link below!
Click here to RSVP for the CoS Commencement. (Not active until late March)This online registration service will close on April 29th at 11:59 p.m.
Students who intend on participating in Graduation should check to ensure that their name appears on the list of COS Graduates.
To learn about the University-wide Commencement ceremonies and other Colleges, visit the UA Commencement website: http://commencement.arizona.edu
- Life Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Physics and Space Sciences
- Mathematics and Computational Sciences
- Neural, Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences
- Support UA Science
- Community Connections