Former UA students who wish to return to UA to continue their education may apply for readmission. The process of readmission depends on whether the student is in good academic standing (left UA with a grade point average of at least 2.0) or is entering on a probationary status (left UA with a grade point average of less than 2.0). All returning students must submit an application for readmission through the Office of Admissions. Application deadlines can also be found at that link.

Good Academic Standing: Once your application for readmission in good academic standing has been accepted by UA, you must schedule an appointment with the academic advisor for your intended major before enrolling for classes. See the list of advisors by major.

Probationary status or disqualification:  NOTE: The deadlines to apply for readmission as a probationary student or if you were dismissed/disqualified from UA occur earlier than those for students who left in good academic standing. The steps are outlined below so that you know what to expect. The process for readmission can take a few weeks from start to finish, so please plan accordingly. The College does not approve requests for late application.

  1. Upon notification by the Office of Admissions, the College of Science contacts each student seeking readmission and provides a step by step process which must be followed in a timely manner in order for his/her case to be considered.
  2. The student is provided an Advisor Support Form and Academic Plan, and is referred to the major department of interest to discuss options and create an academic plan.
  3. Once the student has met with the major advisor, s/he must return the plan and advisor support form to the College of Science, who submits the final decision to the Office of Admissions.
  4. Once the final decision is made, the student is contacted by the Office of Admissions with instructions on how to proceed toward enrollment.
  5. Any service indicator or hold flag placed on the student’s record can be lifted by the College of Science or the student’s major advisor to allow the student to register for classes.

Mobile Menu