Transfer Students

Community College Transfer Students
We recommend that you meet with us before you transfer, preferably during your first year of community college enrollment. To meet with an advisor, contact the College of Science Academic Advising Office.

Pima Community College Transfer Students
In order to help you with the transfer process, listed below are sample 2 + 2 plans* for each major in the College of Science. These plans indicate a course of study that include the first four semesters at Pima Community College, with the remaining four semesters taken at the University of Arizona. The sample plans are provided to help you reach graduation goals in four years and to help you understand the sequence of courses; most science programs have many specific pre-requisite requirements. You should also consider that some of these four-year plans may not work well with the AGEC or Associates programs at Pima Community College. It is not required that you complete an AGEC in order to be considered for admission to the University of Arizona. Please meet with an advisor at the University of Arizona as early in your academic career as possible to determine the best plan for you and your academic and career goals.

*Even though these sample schedules provide a plan to graduate in 8 semesters (or four years), many students will take longer for a variety of reasons. Physics is an exception to the plan, since the department recommends 1 year at Pima and 3 years at the University of Arizona to obtain a degree. The sample schedules indicate a path towards graduating in four years if a student so desires. It is more important that you pay attention to the sequence of courses and meet with a University of Arizona academic advisor as early as the end of your first semester at Pima and in some cases sooner.

Pima to UA Transfer Plan PDF Documents

Mobile Menu