The College of Science strives for the highest degree of excellence possible in the discovery of new knowledge and new forms of expression while providing its students and its wider communities with the best possible access to the fruits of those discoveries in ways that invigorate, empower, and inspire all its participants towards life-long learning.
We offer unparalleled opportunities for students who want to learn science through active participation in research. Furthermore, interdisciplinary approaches and studies are encouraged through minors, double majors, and even double degrees. Many undergraduates in the College of Science have double degrees or double majors.
The UA can seem like a small college to students who become involved in clubs, outreach activities, and research with a faculty member. To this end, both undergraduates and graduate students in the College of Science have the following opportunities:
- Courses and research opportunities with internationally ranked, research-active faculty
- Research opportunities in cutting-edge research programs, often with pay
- One-on-one research collaborations with professors, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, technicians and more senior undergraduate students
- K-12 outreach and University preceptor teaching activities
- Clubs in many scientific disciplines
- Career advising
- Travel opportunities for research and education
- Travel opportunities to present research findings
- Numerous, discussion-based courses for honor students
- Excellent track record for top-rated fellowships and scholarships before and after graduation
- Excellent acceptance rate into top-rated graduate and professional programs at other research intensive universities